Mountain flight, Courchevel site authorization & altiports
Méribel site qualification
The Cessna 172 is certainly one of the most widespread light aircraft in the world. Simple to implement, robust and reliable, it has attracted for decades light aviation.
In the mountains, he was able to find his place thanks to his short takeoff and landing qualities and his ease of piloting.
Alpine Airlines uses the Cessna 172 for pilot training for the Courchevel qualification, but also for the qualification Méribel, Megève and Alpe d’Huez.
First time flights and sightseeing tours over the 3 valleys, the French Alps and Mont Blanc are carried out with our Cessna 172 and also with our twin-engine P68 OTC.
Our Cessna 172 is registered F-HSNO, to stay in the winter theme just like our P68 F-HSKI!
Cessna 172 R Specifications
- Crew: 1
- Capacity: 3
- Length: 8.28 m
- Wingspan : 11 m
- Height : 2.72 m
- Wing area : 16.2 m 2
- Profile: NACA 2412
- Empty Weight : 744 kg
- Payload : 415 kg
- Maximum Take-off Weight :1 157 kg
- Engine: 1 4 cylinders Lycoming IO-360-L2A 180 Horsepower at 2 700 rpm
- Propeller: McCauley 2 metal blades fixed pitch
- VNE – Speed to never exceed : 163 kts
- Cruise speed: 124 kts
- Stall speed: 47 kts
- Range : 959 km (518 NM) at 75 % of power at 8 500 ft
- Maximum Ceiling : 4 250 m (14 000 ft)
- Rate of climb : 3,7 m/s (730 ft/min)